Technology · Söderfors Flexibelt distansarbete
Are you ready to explore, discover and develop better connections for a smarter future?
At Habia, we are half scientists, half inventors and fully committed to finding the right solutions. Working together with our customers to solve their challenges is a labour of love and discovery. From the ocean floor up to the starry skies – and everywhere in between – our solutions are tailor-made to deliver critical connectivity across the most extreme environments. And there can be no room for errors.
Founded in Sweden in 1941, Habia is today one of the most trusted names for tailor-made cable solutions for critical connectivity needs in the telecom, offshore, industry, defence and nuclear power sectors. Since those early days, the company has undergone many changes. Nevertheless, we are still as innovative and entrepreneurial as ever.
After 75 years, we know we’re only scratching the surface of what the magical blend of chemistry and physics can accomplish. The will to solve problems is what drives us to discover better connections for a smarter future. Are you ready to explore, discover and develop better connections for a smarter future?
Placement: Sweden, Söderfors (Factory) or Upplands-Väsby (Head office) – with travel to SFS
The Electrical engineer works in the R&D function, as a technical expert within electrical performance in cables, including signal transferring and test and measurements.
The role works in close cooperation with Design to understand our customers’ needs and supply the best cable solution for their applications. The electrical engineer will give technical support to the global organisation and supervise and train technical staff globally within electrical engineering and measurements.
The R&D function consists of a team of 10 engineers and technicians with global responsibility to Provide Technical Support, Develop technology, Keep company up to date with technology development, Competence development, Internal training and Expert level of knowledge within these core competences: Project management, Electrical engineering, Polymer engineering, Measurement, Analysis, Test Equipment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and train technical staff globally within electrical engineering and measurements
- Supervise and give guidance to junior positions within electrical engineering, electrical tests and measurements, projects or other engineering work
- Provide technical support to the global organisation and our customers
- Keep dialogue with external test facilities, suppliers and universities
- Communicate with all other departments and companies within the Habia Cable Group, Customers, Suppliers, Universities and Research Organisations, External consultants.
- Cooperate with Design to construct cables that fulfill customers’ requirements
- Perform or supervise electrical tests and measurements
Work in engineering/development projects
- Manage Assignments in area of responsibility
- Perform engineering work of average to significant complexity within clearly defined assignments, with only general guidance of senior position
- Provide technical expertise in engineering or development projects
- Produce system documentation, including training manuals
- May plan and supervise a team for smaller projects
- May participate and give lectures in professional conferences or workshops
- Communicate with Universities and Research Organisations, all departments within the company, Customers, Suppliers, External consultants,
University diploma within Electrical engineering with MSc or PhD degree
More than 3 years of relevant engineering experience;
- Experience within electrical tests and measurements
- Electrical calculations on cables
- HF theory
- Signal transmission
- The effect of materials on electrical properties
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate with all levels within the organisation, and our customers.
- Ability to make strategic decisions in the engineering work
- Ability to analyse complex data sets to and make conclusions and recommendations to meet specifications and functional requirements.
- Good teamwork and collaboration skills.